Hiring the right Airbnb cleaning service is vital to receiving positive reviews and an Airbnb super host status.
Below, we’ve put together a short guide on why you need an Airbnb cleaning service. It includes how to find the right service for your property, and what questions to ask in the hiring process.
Why Do I Need an Airbnb Cleaning Service?
While Airbnb’s are quickly becoming a more popular option over hotel stays, guests still expect the same level of cleanliness, which is best achieved with a professional cleaning service.
And if you’re hoping to become a Superhost, you’ll want your Airbnb so clean that your guests notice and mention it in their reviews.
Hiring an Airbnb cleaning crew can be simple, affordable and even automated once you’ve set everything up.
What Services Should a Cleaning Crew Provide?
Often as a host, you won’t have the time to manage both the property and the cleaning.
Automating a cleaning service will free up your time and energy to focus on securing bookings and giving your guests the best experience.
Airbnb cleaning services should offer these essentials between all guest stays:
- Making all of the beds
- Cleaning and putting away any dishes
- A thorough wash of the toilets, showers, and bathtubs
- Emptying all bins and recycling
- Sweeping, mopping, and hoovering
- Wiping down counters and high-touch services such as door handles and light switches
Read now: Top Tips: How to Promote Your Airbnb
Important Additional Services to Consider
Above are the baseline of services a cleaning crew will offer. But to go above and beyond for your guests, look for services that offer these additions either within their flat rate or as add-on packages:
- Deep cleans: Once a month a cleaning crew does a thorough clean of the entire property that includes hard to reach or often overlooked places.
- Washing linens: Having your cleaning crew take care of the laundry service can be helpful instead of sourcing this separately.
- Help with property damage: If the crew notices damage to the property, they will communicate it to the host, take photos, and potentially create a temporary solution. Having your cleaning crew take photos of the space between every guest can be a great way to keep track of any damages.
- Report inventory: A cleaning crew can agree to report back to the host when the inventory on supplies is low.
How Do I Find an Airbnb Cleaning Service?
When hiring an Airbnb cleaning service, you can choose between a personal cleaner or a professional management service.
A personal cleaner offers a more customisable experience, as you’ll be training one person to know the ins and outs of your property. However, if you are dependent on one person this can be problematic when they are sick or take holiday.
Working with a property management service is great for high-quality and dependable scheduling but will likely be more expensive.
Both options have their benefits and it really depends on the needs of your property.
There are many options online for you to choose from. For example, we at Keey provide full-time management that includes a professional housekeeping service.
Read now: 6 Subtle Tips for Cleaning Your Airbnb
What Questions Should I Ask When Hiring an Airbnb Cleaning Service?
When hiring an Airbnb cleaning service make sure to ask the following questions so you both know each other’s expectations and to see if they’re the right fit for your property.
- What are the scheduling requirements and notice time for the cleaning crew?
It’s important to work with a service that is organised and has a strong scheduling system in place. This is especially important for remote hosts who use self-check in.
- Does the cleaning crew have experience working with short-term rentals?
Short-term rentals often have last-minute bookings, so ideally, you’d want to work with a cleaning crew who is familiar with this and used to the schedule changes.
- What is the turnaround time?
A general rule of thumb is that a three-bedroom house should take 90 minutes for a cleaning crew to do a standard clean between guest bookings.
- Who will provide the cleaning supplies?
Usually as a host you’ll be expected to buy the cleaning supplies in bulk and then store them in a locked cupboard for your cleaning crew.
- Are employees screened?
Remember you’re giving the crew access to your personal property while you’re not there to supervise so it’s important to know each employee is trustworthy.
- Will you pay a flat fee or by the hour?
Working with flat fee’s is better for budgeting as a host, usually a one-bedroom house for a basic service would be £150 per visit.
Read now: How to Impress Your Airbnb Guests
Hiring a cleaning crew for your Airbnb is a great way to free up time and become a better host for your guests. Once you find the right cleaning service for your property, you can relax and watch the positive reviews come through!
For further advice on how to manage your Airbnb and hire a great cleaning crew, contact our experts at Keey today.