A superhost is the status awarded to Airbnb hosts who provide a great service to their guests and go above and beyond in every aspect of their hosting responsibilities. Airbnb awards these profiles with an identifying badge so that potential guests can recognise their status as a Superhost.
Why Should You Become a Superhost on Airbnb?
With the Superhost status your listing will have better searchability and it’ll be more attractive to potential guests, which will lead to a higher number of bookings and greater profit from your property.
The Superhost programme is Airbnb’s way of recognising the best in hospitality and rewarding you for the hard work it takes to be a high-quality host.
Below are the benefits that come with the Superhost status:
- Superhost badge –All Superhosts’ profiles are given a badge that allows potential guests to easily identify their status. This separates your listing from regular hosts and provides reassurance that your Airbnb comes with great service. This badge can really help your property stand out on Airbnb.
- More views – Airbnb doesn’t endorse or sponsor Superhosts, so while they can’t guarantee you’ll get more views with a Superhost badge, guests trust that Superhosts are the best of the best. Those looking for a place to stay will often seek them out using the Superhost search filter. Having a Superhost badge could be the deciding factor between your listing and another.
- More money – As guests trust the level of service related to the Superhost badge, they’re more likely to book with those who have one. A greater number of bookings means an increase in your total earnings.
- Exclusive rewards – Once you maintain your Superhost status for a year, Airbnb will gift you with credit to spend on an Airbnb trip. And when you refer a new Host to sign up, you’ll receive an extra 20% on top of the usual referral bonus.
How to Qualify As a Superhost
To qualify as a Superhost you must meet the following criteria, which Airbnb monitor every 3 months to make sure you can keep your status:
- 4.8+ overall rating – Superhosts must have a 4.8 or higher average overall review rating from their guests in the past year.
- 10+ stays – Superhosts must have completed at least 10 stays in the past year or 100 nights over at least 3 completed stays as this ensures they’re an experienced host.
- Less than 1% cancellation rate – Superhosts must have a low cancellation rate as rare cancellations creates peace of mind for guests.
- 90% response rate – Superhosts must respond to 90% of messages within 24 hours so guest can trust in your responsiveness.
Read Now: How to Impress Your Airbnb Guests
Tips to Achieve the Necessary Superhost Criteria
- Be a great communicator – Make sure to answer guest emails in under 24 hours but to make the best impression you should reply within the hour. Be clear, specific and welcoming in your communication so that guests are satisfied.
- Give a warm welcome – It’s a great idea to meet your guests in person and offer local tips for activities and eating out. But if you’re not able to do so, make sure check-in runs smoothly and provide signs so your guests know where to go. Provide a welcome pack and complimentary food for when your guests arrive. If you have the time you could also purchase fresh flowers and display them.
- Go above and beyond – Don’t just focus on the specific criteria for becoming a Superhost, go above and beyond for each of your guests and really personalise their stay. One example of this is providing paid-for passes to an event or attraction that you think your guests may enjoy. This will wow your guests and guarantee 5-star reviews.
Once you achieve Superhost status it’s important to focus on maintaining it, don’t relax your hosting efforts as Airbnb will review your listings every 3 months!
- How to Exceed Your Airbnb Guest’s Expectations and Maximize Bookings
- How to Better your Communication with your Airbnb Guests
- 7 Ways to Make More Money on Your Airbnb
- How to Get Positive Reviews on Airbnb
- Renting Out Your Home on Airbnb: The Pros and Cons
For further advice on how to upgrade to Airbnb superhost status contact our specialists at Keey today.